By Kathryn Smith, Clinical Psychologist & Dr Curt Gray, Psychiatrist
1. Stay up later rather than going to bed earlier
2. Avoid the afternoon ‘nanna nap’
3. Keep up the exercise, even though the bed is cozy and warm
4. Develop an evening relaxation routine
5. Keep your evenings tech free
If you are struggling with insomnia the next Towards Better Sleep group programme starts Tuesday 13th June from Psychology Consultants Morningside. To register contact the office, places are limited to nine people per group, call (07) 3356 8255 or email email@example.com
What is Towards Better Sleep?
Established 14 years ago by Clinical Psychologist Kathryn Smith and Psychiatrist Dr Curt Gray,Towards Better Sleep is a cognitive behavioural treatment programme that uses evidenced based techniques that focus on sleep education and behavioural techniques, correcting faulty thinking and relaxation strategies.
The group is held in 4 x 1 hour sessions at Psychology Consultant’s Morningside practice. A group setting offers many benefits including reducing the cost of treatment and giving clients the opportunity to share and learn from each others insomnia experiences.
Here are just a few reasons why the programme and its group setting has proven effective for past participants.
- A group setting offers many benefits including reducing the cost of treatment and giving clients the opportunity to share and learn from each others insomnia experiences.
- The cost is far less because of the group format, individual sessions are $185 each and you would need 2-3 sessions minimum.
- The group has been running with very good results for over 10 years, with the same facilitators – a Clinical Psychologist and a Psychiatrist.
- The format of the group is laid out to successfully educate, correct, and complete homework strategies over the 6 weeks of the course.
- Participants learn from each other, and keep each other motivated to correct their sleep problems.
Talk to your GP about your suitability for the programme and visit the website for more information. towardsbettersleep.com.au