To provide a broad range of services, Psychology Consultants works closely with Psychologist Liz Bamford. Liz provides 3 types of counselling services:
1. Career counselling
2. Counselling to manage common life issues such as depression, anger, anxiety or stress
3. Christian counselling
Career counselling can include one or more of the following steps:
1. Career self-assessment: including assessment of strengths, skills, natural abilities (using Differential Aptitude Tests), personality (using MBTI or 16PF), values, drivers, disabilities, interests, specialist knowledge, learning style.
2. Vocational assessment: including assessment of current labour market, projected work trends, specific job descriptions, industries, professions, training, education, tertiary course selection, salaries.
3. Career decision-making: including SWOT analysis, work/life balance, stage of career, assessment of lifestyle including family, sport and community commitments.
4. Career planning/change: setting career and life goals.
5. Job search: job applications, job interviews, selection criteria, covering letters, resumes, salary negotiation, creative job seeking, networking, liaising with recruitment agencies, targeted job search, job search productivity.
Consultations are relaxed and tailored to meet your needs. The cost of these services will depend on your requirements, and Liz will be happy to discuss the fee structure with you. You will be eligible to make a claim from your private health insurer, if you have appropriate cover, or from Medicare if you have a Medicare Mental Health Care Plan referral from your GP or psychiatrist.
Monday: 9am – 1pm
Wednesday: 9am – 1pm
Saturday: 8am – 2pm
Liz Bamford operates an independent practice from Psychology Consultants’ Morningside office.
To find out more about Liz Bamford, visit her profile. If you would like more information, please contact Liz directly:
Telephone: 07 3395 6460